Sunday, February 21, 2016

Scripture Reading Sunday, February 21, 2016

Scripture Reading    Sunday, February 21, 2016   Megan Engelkens

Our Epistle Lesson comes from Phillippians 3:17-4:1

Brothers and sisters, join in imitating me, and observe those who live according

to the example you have in us. For many live as enemies of the cross of Christ; I

have often told you of them, and now I tell you even with tears. Their end is

destruction; their god is the belly; and their glory is in their shame; their minds

are set on earthly things. But our citizenship is in heaven, and it is from there

that we are expecting a Savior, the Lord Jesus Christ. He will transform the body

of our humiliation that it may be conformed to the body of his glory, by the

power that also enables him to make all things subject to himself. Therefore, my

brothers and sisters, whom I love and long for, my joy and crown, stand firm in

the Lord in this way, my beloved.

Our Gospel Lesson comes from Luke 13:31-35

At that very hour some Pharisees came and said to him, “Get away from here,

for Herod wants to kill you.” He said to them, “Go and tell that fox for me,

‘Listen, I am casting out demons and performing cures today and tomorrow, and

on the third day I finish my work. Yet today, tomorrow, and the next day I must

be on my way, because it is impossible for a prophet to be killed outside of

Jerusalem.’ Jerusalem, Jerusalem, the city that kills the prophets and stones

those who are sent to it! How often have I desired to gather your children

together as a hen gathers her brood under her wings, and you were not willing!

See, your house is left to you. And I tell you, you will not see me until the time

comes when you say, ‘Blessed is the one who comes in the name of the Lord.’”

THE WORD OF GOD FOR THE PEOPLE OF GOD!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Bulletin 6 7 20

Call to Worship:     One: By the calling of God’s Holy Spirit, we gather in the name of the living Christ to worship God. Many: Su...